City of Loves Park Council met March 9.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
I. CALL TO ORDER
1. Invocation given by Nancy Warden followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
III. ROLL CALL
IV. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
V. COMMUNICATIONS, MAYOR’S REPORT AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Recognition of the Harlem Girls Bowling team finishing 2nd at the IHSA tournament
VI. APPROVE PAYMENT OF BILLS
VII. OFFICER’S REPORTS
1. Public Safety
2. Public Works
VIII. COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. Finance and Administration/Jacobson (Finance, Personnel, Buildings & Grounds, Purchasing, Recreation & Beautification)
2. Public Safety/Allton (Police, Fire, Public Safety & Health)
3. Public Works/Schlensker (Street, Water & Utilities)
4. Codes and Regulations/Peterson (Ordinances & Licenses)
5. Community Development/Frykman (Development, Planning, Zoning, Annexation, Building & Drainage)
IX. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
X. NEW BUSINESS
XI. RESOLUTIONS & MOTIONS
1. Resolution for the Fire Department to purchase and install a Stryker MTS Power Load System for the Ambulance.
2. Resolution for the Street Department Manager to purchase a 2020 Explorer 4 Door and a 2020 200 F Series SD Trucks.
3. Resolution for N-Track to do the 2020 resurfacing on River Lane and Annual Residential Resurfacing.
XII. ORDINANCES 2ND READING
1. Ordinance creating Chapter 54, Article VI, Section 54-190 of the Loves Park Code of Ordinances regulating possession of cannabis within the City.
2. Ordinance amending Chapter 54, Article VI, Section 54-188 of the Loves Park Code of Ordinances regulating the use of drug paraphernalia within the City.
3. Ordinance amending Chapter 54, Article VII, Division 3 of the Loves Park Code of Ordinances regulating the use tobacco, smokeless tobacco and tobacco accessories within the City.
4. Ordinance creating an additional section under Article III of Chapter 86 of the City of Loves Park Code of Ordinances adopting the provisions of the Child Passenger Protection Act.
XIII. ORDINANCES 1ST READING
1. Ordinance Amending Chapter 2 Art II. Sec. 2-64, Public Participation for addressing City Council meetings.
2. Ordinance Amending Chapter 102 Zoning, Article IX, Planned Developments, 102-336 North Second Overlay District for Auto Sales and Service.
3. Ordinance for a Special Use Permit for 5400 North Second Street and 5312 North Second Street to allow Auto sales and Service Station.
4. Ordinance Amending Chapter 102, Article III, Division 4, Industrial, Cannabis Craft Growers and Cultivation Growers in the city.
XIV. PUBLIC COMMENT
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION
XVI. GOOD OF THE ORDER