City of Rockford issued the following announcement on Oct. 9.
BUSINESS IS BOOMING: Over the last six months, the Midtown District has welcomed eight new businesses.
Ronn Mooney, Executive Director of the Midtown Business District, attributes the growth to competitive rental pricing and positive momentum in the area. “It’s exciting to see so many new businesses want to be in our area,” Mooney explains. “The City of Rockford has really been an important partner. From the area’s alderman to the Community and Economic Development Department, the City has been supportive in any way possible.”
The new businesses include:
• Midtown Fitness - a gym
• Kimberly's Homemade Ice Cream - an ice cream parlor
• Gene's Irish Pub – a restaurant
• 777 Asian – a restaurant
• Midtown Fresh – a convenience store
• 29 Palms The Collector's Oasis – a vintage home décor store
• Rockford Artsource - a gallery and gift store
• Temperature Doctors Heating & Cooling – an HVAC service business, which moved its offices/showroom to the district
The Midtown District runs just north of East State Street to 9th Avenue on the south and from Kishwaukee Street on the west to 11th Street on the east.
Original source can be found here.
Source: City of Rockford