City of Loves Park Zoning Board of Appeals met November 15
City of Loves Park Zoning Board of Appeals met Nov. 15.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
1. Chairman Alise Howlett Called The Meeting To Order At 5:35 P.M.
Members Present: Alise Howlett, Cathy Nelson, Brian Kern, Nicolas Becker, Lindy Toohill
Members Absent: Shawn Novak, Dennis Hendricks
Others Present: Attorney Phil Nicolosi Andrew Quintanilla – Zoning Officer Sheila Mills – Secretary
Other Absent: Nate Bruck - Economic Development/Planning Director
Chairman Howlett announced that the next Community Development Committee meeting is scheduled for November 26, 2018 at 6:15 p.m.
Mrs. Nelson moved to approve the minutes from the meeting held September 20, 2018.
Second by Mrs. Toohill.
3. Zoning Office Report None
5. Unfinished Business None
6. New Business
Motion carried by voice vote.
A. 6020 E. Riverside Blvd – Special Use Permit To Allow A Drive-Thru Window For A Carryout Fast Food Establishment. Appropriate notice has been given.
Thomas Baudhuin, 9816 River Bend Drive, Roscoe, Il 61073 was sworn in as Petitioner and he indicated that he is requesting a Special Use Permit for a drive-thru window for a Papa John’s Restaurant that he plans move to the property.
No objectors present.
Mrs. Nelson moved to approve a Special Use Permit to allow a drive-thru window for a carryout fast food establishment at 6020 E. Riverside Blvd. in the CR Zoning District with the following conditions:
1. The Special Use Permit shall expire with the change in property ownership, at 6020 or 6100 E. Riverside Blvd., change in business ownership, or discontinuance of the business.
2. The property owner shall be required to install a sidewalk between the properties, and additional lighting for the dumpster area that is located at 6100 E. Riverside Blvd., which is being shared with 6020 E. Riverside Blvd. The sidewalk shall be installed no later than May 31, 2018, and the additional security lighting shall be installed before the business opens to the public.
3. The Special Use Permit shall be renewed 1 year from the date of approval.
Second by Mrs. Toohill. The findings of the facts have been met and discussed in accordance with the zoning recommendations provided.
Motion Approved 4-0 (Chairman Howlett voted and Mr. Becker abstained from voting)
7. Public Participation And Comment None
8. General Discussion None
Mrs. Nelson that the meeting be adjourned. Second by Mrs. Toohill. Motion carried by voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 5:50 p.m.