SwedishAmerican Hospital issued the following announcement on Aug. 2.
SwedishAmerican is pleased to announce it has awarded 12 one-year $1,000 scholarships to children of SwedishAmerican associates. The Associates’ Children Scholarship Program is designed to assist children of SwedishAmerican associates pursue higher education.
To be considered for the scholarship, each applicant submitted an application, written essay, ACT scores, class rank, official school transcript, completed applicant appraisal, a personal letter of recommendation and a copy of his or her letter of acceptance.
“Our Associates’ Children Scholarship Program is just one more example of how SwedishAmerican is working to positively impact our associates and the community,” said Jerry Guinane, vice president of Human Resources at SwedishAmerican. “We are pleased to again offer the scholarships to a deserving group of individuals. Congratulations to all of the recipients for this outstanding achievement.”
The 2019 scholarship recipients are:
• Taylor Blahunka, daughter of Mary, RN, Surgicare. Taylor is a freshman majoring in Nursing at Rock Valley College.
• Benjamin Conness, son of Sarah, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, Human Resources.
Benjamin is a freshman majoring in Biology/Pre-Med at University of Tampa.
• Ashlyn Dull, daughter of Amy, Magnet Program Manager, Professional Practice. Ashlyn is a freshman majoring in Biology at the University of Alabama.
• Celine Feria, daughter of Jose, Physical Therapist, Stateline Clinic. Celine is a freshman majoring in Life Sciences at Ateneo de Manila University.
• Abigail Hefel, daughter of Joel, Zone Mechanic, Engineering. Abigail is a freshman, majoring in Nursing at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
• Noelle Javurek, daughter of Christine, Operational Supervisor, Surgicare. Noelle is a freshman majoring in Social Work at Loras College.
• Ashley Kass, daughter of Kim, Technician, Retail Pharmacy. Ashley is a freshman majoring in Physical Therapy at Rock Valley College.
• Caitlin McBee, daughter of Tammy, Operational Supervisor, Mother/Baby. Caitlin is a freshman majoring in Physical Therapy Assistant at Rock Valley College.
• Julianna McCallum, daughter of Mary, Patient Accounts Clerk, Patient Accounts. Julianna is a junior majoring in Kinesiology at Northern Illinois University.
• Brittney Morris, daughter of Tara, PACS Clerk, Medical Imaging. Brittney is a freshman majoring in Radiography at Rock Valley College.
• Katie Nevdal, daughter of Kara, RN, Surgicare. Katie is a junior majoring in Exercise Science at Trine University.
• Abigail Seiter, daughter of Nancy, Supervisor, Hematology–Laboratory. Abigail is a freshman majoring in Nursing at Northern Illinois University.
Original source can be found here.